If your complaint does not fall within the DOJ OIG’s investigative authority, you may need to contact another federal, state, or local agency for assistance.
- For 911 emergencies, contact your local police department or sheriff’s office.
- For complaints regarding a state prison or local jail, contact the state Inspector General’s office or internal affairs unit that oversees the detaining agency. If you have a complaint about a U.S. Marshals Service detainee being held in a state prison or local jail, you may submit your complaint to the DOJ OIG.
- For complaints involving fraud, waste, abuse, or misconduct at federal agencies other than the DOJ, contact information for the appropriate federal Inspector General’s office can be found here.
- For complaints involving fraud, waste, or abuse related to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) of 2020, contact the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee here.
- For Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complaints, please refer to the DOJ Equal Employment Opportunity Office.
- For complaints related to misconduct by federal judges, please refer to the United States Courts website.
- For complaints involving civil rights violations committed by individuals outside of the DOJ, contact the DOJ Civil Rights Division here.