Audit Report 06-14
Office of the Inspector General
Questionnaire Used to Determine the Most
Viable Contract Vehicle
- Contract Conditions
- Are there specific limitations on the types of services or products that may be acquired?
- Are there limitations on the dollar amount/percentage of services to computer hardware/software?
- Are there specifics restrictions or terms/conditions on the purchase of computer hardware/software?
- Describe the interagency fee structure. Is this fee structure flexible depending on the level of support required, or the amount of funds obligated?
- What type of operating agreement will be put in place between the FBI and your agency?
- Are there period of performance limitations that apply to this GWAC?
- Can the contract/task order cross fiscal years or exceed 12-months?
- Can the task order be incrementally funded?
- How are interagency funds transfers handled?
- What happens to funds that are not obligated?
- Are there limitations/caps on the prime contractor rates charged under this vehicle?
- What escalations factors are built into the rate structures?
- Can labor categories be added to the contract?
- Does the GWAC contracting officer periodically audit the prime contracts? If so, will the FBI receive a copy of the audit?
- Are there any provisions in the GWAC contract that would preclude the FBI from conducting their own audits (e.g. timecards, invoices) at their discretion?
- Are there maximum/minimum order limitations?
- Are there any particular or unique terms and conditions of which the FBI should be aware?
- What is the process for handling modifications? Are there limitations on the scope of changes?
- Government Roles and Responsibilities
- What services are provided by your agency both pre and post award?
- Can we retain specific oversight of the contract post-award using FBI Contracting Officers?
- Will you provide dedicated personnel responsible for this particular action?
- Source Selection
- Can the FBI perform an independent proposal evaluation using internal best value source selection procedures?
- Can the FBI limit competition to certain primes based on the use of a white paper down-selection, an advisory multi-step process, or other FAR-compliant mechanisms?
- Despite limited distribution of the RFP, are other primes able to submit a proposal even if they did not receive the RFP?
- What will be your role in the source selection process?
- Upon completion of the source selection how long will it take to award the contract?
- Contractor Teams
- What are the restrictions on adding additional primes or subcontractors?
- Are there restrictions on the percentage of work that primes must perform versus subs?
- Are there any restrictions on teaming arrangements? Are there any restrictions on prime contractors teaming with each other?