Freedom of Information Act
- Deborah M. Waller
Government Information Specialist
Office of the Inspector General
Office of General Counsel
950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20530
Conventional Reading Room:
- Call (202) 616-0646 for access instructions.
- This includes frequently requested records, opinions, policy statements, and staff manuals/instructions to staff, created by the Office of the Inspector General after November 1, 1996.
- OIG investigative records are maintained for all ongoing and closed matters received after April 14, 1989. Audit reports are maintained from 1986 and inspection reports are maintained from April 14, 1989. The OIG also maintains records relating to the administration of the office.
- A comprehensive guide to the FOIA that serves as a handbook for obtaining information from the Department.
- A comprehensive legal treatise on the FOIA, including detailed discussions on the FOIA’s procedural requirements, nine exemptions, and litigation considerations.
Special information required to make a FOIA request:
Publicly available information for which a FOIA request is not required:
- Audit reports; inspection reports; special reports; semiannual reports; testimony
Major Information Systems:
To detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct in DOJ programs and personnel, and to promote economy and efficiency in those programs.